Pages

Friday

Visit to the Warwick Castle in England

I was lead to this question of what country in Europe has the most castles. So far when I visited Prague, Czech Republic or Paris, England, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg or Netherlands, I did not see a lot of castles in these countries. I am not really so sure which country in Europe has the most castles then but I found a lot in Germany especially in the state of Bayern or Bavaria. I need to find this out later.

Warwick castle is one of the castle I visited in England. It is a medieval castle in Warwick, the county town of Warwickshire, England. It sits on a bend on the River Avon. The castle was built by William the Conqueror in 1068 within or adjacent to the Anglo-Saxon burh of Warwick.

Our visit to this castle was a very memorable one because it was Halloween as we went there.

I took this image during my visit last 2008.

Warwick Castle is situated in the town of Warwick, on a sandstone bluff at a bend of the River Avon. The river, which runs below the castle on the east side, has eroded the rock the castle stands on, forming a cliff.

No comments: